Íslandsbanki's 1H 2009 results
31.12.2009 - Financial Results
- Profit after tax ISK 8.1 bn, estimated income tax due for the period ISK 1.37 bn million.
- Net interest income ISK 14.5 bn and net fee and commission income ISK 3.6 bn. A large portion of NII was due to an imbalance between CPIlinked assets and liabilities. Measured inflation during the period was 3.6%.
- Net operating income 10.2 bn. This was mostly due to a net foreign exchange gain following a weakening of the ISK. This gain was offset by substantial impairment for unrealisable FX gains from FX-denominated loans made to borrowers with ISK income.
- Impairment on loans and receivables ISK 11.4 bn, largely due to the aforementioned negative effect of ISK depreciation on the payment ability of many borrowers.
- Premium to the Depositors' and Investors' guarantee fund ISK 302 million. Future obligations to the Fund are not included.
- Cost/income ratio 27.1%. Cost/income ratio once FX gains and irregulars are accounted for is 43.6%.
- Total size of balance sheet on 30 June 2009 is ISK 741 bn.
- Annualised return on equity 22.5%
- CAD ratio at end of period was 11.13%
- Loans to customers total ISK 592 bn. Total deposits amount to ISK 543 bn.
- Deposit/Loan ratio 92% at year end.
- Equity as of 30 June 2009 ISK 76 bn.
- Staff numbered 1,110 at end of period.