Íslandsbanki nominated for Marketing Company of the Year for 2016
Íslandsstofa was named Marketing Company of the year for 2016 yesterday. In addition to Íslandsstofa, Icelandair and Íslandsbanki were nominated for the prize. The prize is given by ÍMARK, the Icelandic Marketing Association, and is granted to companies that are considered to have mounted outstanding marketing campaigns during the previous two years. The selection is based on an in-depth analysis by the adjudication panel, which assesses the nominees’ professionalism and success in marketing.
The awards were granted at a gala ceremony at the Hilton Nordica hotel in Reykjavík. Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, president of Iceland, presented the award to Jón Ásbergsson of Íslandsstofa.
Since 1991, ÍMARK has presented the Icelandic Marketing Awards, which are given in November each year. The awards are granted to companies that are considered to have been noticeable in marketing efforts and have achieved outstanding results during the previous two years.
Members of the adjudication panel were the following:
- Dr. Þórhallur Guðlaugsson, Associate Professor at the University of Iceland; panel chair.
- María Hrund Marinósdóttir, Director of Marketing for Strætó; President of ÍMARK.
- Ágústa Hrund Steinarsdóttir, Director of Sendiráðið and member of the ÍMARK Board of Directors.
- Ingólfur Örn Guðmundsson, Director of Marketing, Marel.
- Þóranna K. Jónsdóttir, Director of Marketing for SimplyBook.me and Marketing Nurd at Thoranna.is.