Íslandsbanki's credit rating is BBB+ / A-2 and is issued by S&P Global Ratings.
Ratings agencies assign borrowers an alphabetical credit rating which reflects the borrower’s ability to fulfil his obligations. The alphabetic rating is generally accompanied by an outlook statement indicating the prospects for changes in the credit rating. The outlook can be negative, stable, or positive. Credit ratings agencies publish news and detailed analysis for their assessments on a regular basis.
On January 30 2019, Íslandsbanki has announced that following expiration and by agreement of parties, the credit rating service contract between Fitch Ratings and Íslandsbanki is set to terminate as per:
* Foreign currency obligations - Please visit www.cb.is for further information.
Reports and research updates
Standard & Poor’s
- S&P- ÍSB Rating Report – 25 February 2019
- S&P- ÍSB Rating Report - 18 July 2018
- S&P- ÍSB Rating Report - 15 December 2017
- S&P - Íslandsbanki upgraded to BBB+ / A-2 with stable outlook – 25 October 2017
- S&P - ÍSB Rating Report – 30 November 2016
- S&P - Íslandsbanki upgraded to BBB / A-2 with positive outlook – 26 October 2016
- S&P - ÍSB on positive outlook - 19 January 2016
- S&P - ÍSB Rating Report - 6 November 2015
- S&P - Islandsbanki affirmed BBB- rating - 28 October 2015
- S&P - ÍSB upgrade to BBB- - 21 July 2015
- S&P – Rating Report – 5 November 2014
- S&P - Icelandic Banks On Positive Outlook 14 October 2014
- S&P – Research update – 30 April 2014